Investor Visa (E visa)


The investor visa involves individuals and companies that wish to invest in the United States. To qualify, the investor must come from a country that has signed a treaty with the United States.

Eligibility Requirements

[list type=”arrow”]
[li]Invest a substantial amount of money in an active business (not money deposited in an account or for the purchase of an apartment or single family residence).[/li]
[li]The investment must create employment for American citizens.[/li]
[li]The amount invested must be equivalent to at least 50% of the monies required to establish the business.[/li]

Period of Validity

[li]5 years, renewable.[/li]

Status of dependents

[li]The spouse is authorized to work and minor children can immigrate as dependents of the holder of the E2 visa and attend school in the United States without having to request a student visa (F visa).[/li]
[li]The work permit is obtained after the spouse arrives to the US.[/li]
[li]The procedure takes approximately 90 days.[/li]


[li]The investor can also request the transfer of “essential skilled employees visas” for 4 employees of the investor’s nationality.[/li]
[li]The investor can request the transfer of employees considered to possess essential skills for the operation of the business.[/li]